Reporting a Drunk Driver can earn you $100 – Click Here
Police Agencies: Download the Reporting Form here.NEW MOBILE EYES FORMpdf
The Mobile Eyes program began in 1997 in Dane County Wisconsin to address the increasing problem of drunk driving. The program is a huge success, netting over 1000 DUI offenders.
How the Program Works:
- A citizen sees what appears to be an impaired driver.
- The citizen dials 911 from their cellular phone.
- The Communications Center dispatches the appropriate police agency.
- If the officer makes an arrest based on his or her own judgment if the driver is violating the law, the caller receives a $100.00 reward.
The arresting agency is responsible for obtaining the caller’s information (name, address, etc.) from the Communication Center and completing the Mobile Eyes information sheet.
The arresting agency then faxes the Mobile Eyes information sheet to the Safety Council of Palm Beach County Inc. who verifies the data and issues the caller a $100.00 check The Safety Council maintains and manages the data from Mobile Eyes Against Impaired Driving arrests.
- There is a $500 lifetime reward limit.
- If the wireless caller contacts police AFTER a DUI crash has occurred he or she is not eligible to receive the award.
- Law enforcement officials and Safety Council employees will not be eligible to receive reward money.
In Palm Beach County, Mobile Eyes is a proactive approach between the Palm Beach County Municipal Police Departments, the Sheriff’s Office, Florida Highway Patrol, and the Traffic Safety Committee.
Contact the Safety Council to learn how you can contribute to this very important program.
A Special thank you to our Mobile Eyes Supporters. We are in need of sponsors to sustain the Mobile Eyes Against Impaired Driving Program. Your donation is utilized to fund citizens rewards. If you wish to donate please call 561-845-8233