COSS – Certified Occupational Safety Specialist at the Safety Council of PBC, Inc.
What is a COSS? A person in the safety and health field that coordinates the successful implementation of corporate safety and health plans, coordinates and maybe even conducts safety and health training, and provides support to safety and training managers. You can visit the COSS website by clicking here
Why become a COSS?
In today’s fast paced and diverse workplace, the need for qualified people in the field that are trained in the basic essentials of safety and health, leadership, communication, and regulatory requirements is great. The COSS program is a solution to the increasing need for qualified safety professionals.
Who should attend:
- Newly appointed safety professionals
- Safety professionals who wish to learn how CFR’s 1910 and 1926 relate
- First line supervisors who oversee multi-employer worksites
Course Schedule and Pricing:
We offer this class several times a year at the Safety Council but can also schedule a class at your place of business, specifically for your employees.
Cost: Members $1,799.00 Non-Members $2,299.00.
- The COSS course consists of 40 hours packed with learning.
- Case studies are used extensively to bring learning objectives into focus.
- Speakers are brought in from OSHA and other government agencies to enhance the learning experience.
- There are two hours of testing and certification at the end of the program.
Contact the Safety Council at 561-845-8233 for the next available dates.