BASIC RIDER COURSE (BRC)
Did you know that you need a motorcycle endorsement to legally ride a motorcycle?
All persons seeking a motorcycle endorsement are required to take the
Basic Rider Course (BRC)
The Safety Council of Palm Beach County Inc. is please to offer the Basic Rider Course, developed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF), and taught by MSF certified, professional instructors. These courses are approved by the State of Florida.
The motorcycle rider course is a complete course of instruction for people of all ages who are interested in developing safe street riding skills. The course consists of classroom preparation and intensive cycle riding activities which provide first-hand experience in the various maneuvers and demanding situations encountered in street riding. This course is required for all applicants for motorcycle license endorsement. Classroom session is held at the Safety Council, and the range sessions at the Village of Wellington. Tuition is $225.00 per person. We furnish motorcycles!
Students must wear protective gear during riding sessions.
- Long pants & long sleeves
- Full finger gloves
- Sturdy shoes or boots that cover your ankle
- Will be reported electronically to the DHSMV. Students must go to DHSMV with their certificate to obtain endorsement on their license.
- May receive an insurance discount from participating companies.
- Will receive a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course completion card.